Drop Down Menu

Monday 19 January 2015

Best of 2014 - Eye Products:

Welcome to my next ‘Best of 2014’! This one covers my favourite eye products of the year. It’s not structured quite the same as the ‘face products’ one was because I didn’t have as hard a time trying to limit my choices. As much as I love eyes products, I’m very loyal to a few items and am very sure in my knowledge of which I love the most.

Let’s get started!

CHI CHI NUDES PALETTE:


I did a review on this ages ago and I love it as much now as I did then. The texture of the shadows is so creamy and pigmented. It is a shame that it doesn’t have many matte shades, but still, there are a million different looks to create with this palette. As I mentioned in the review, I got this palette because I was having trouble getting my hands on the Urban Decay Naked palette and I’d read that this was very, very close. In comparing photos I can’t see that much of a difference, and in comparing the quality (once I got my hands on the Naked Basics palette), I really don’t notice that much of a difference. The Urban Decay ones might be a little more longwearing, but that’s it. For the price, the Chi Chi shadows are fantastic. I highly recommend them to anyone.

E.L.F. EYELID PRIMER:


When it comes to stopping my eyelids from creasing this stuff is it. Nothing I’ve tried, from Paint Pots to other primers to mattifying powders have even come close to this stuff. I love it. Best $3 I have ever spent. It does run out quickly, but at three bucks who cares? I never thought I would find something like this. It is one of my all-time favourite makeup products. It just makes doing my makeup so much easier. I only buy the peach toned one. I’ve tried the white and it kind of sucks. The peach is amazing. Covers my dark circles and stuff too!

MAYBELLINE COLOUR TATTOOS:



I have two of these. One in Barely Branded and the other in Bad to the Bronze. Both of them are awesome. I still need to use the E.L.F. Eyelid Primer with them, but if want I can just use them as a colour alone, with a bit of setting powder on top or they can be great eyeshadow bases. I love them and think that they’re as good as Paint Pots from M.A.C. The only problem is that they haven’t released any matte ones here in Australia yet. I’d get them all if they did!

URBAN DECAY NAKED BASICS PALETTE:



This is perfect travel palette. There are quite a few looks you can get out of it, and the quality of the shadows is great. They last ages on my eyes and I love matte shadows. It’s so small and compact. I take it everywhere when I travel. If I’m only going away for a few days or overnight it’s usually the only eyeshadow I take. It’s the best eyeshadow purchase I’ve ever made!

MAYBELLINE MEGA PLUSH MASCARA:


This has to be one of the bast mascaras I've ever used. The formula stays great no matter whether it's brand new and still quite wet or whether it's older and starting to dry out. It lasts for ages too. I bought my first one at the 2013 Boxing Day sales and have only had to repurchase once since. Both times I managed to get it on sale for half price, which is $10. I initially really wanted to try the Clinique Lash Doubling stuff, but I just can't justify it now, because I love this so much and I don't wear mascara that much as it is. Also, I know waterproof is a gripe for a lot of people, but this one doesn't bother me at all!

BENEFIT GIMME BROW:


This will be the only brow product I’m going to mention. That’s mainly because it’s the only one I’ve love consistently throughout most of the year. This is a little bit of a luxury purchase, but I love it. It’s not really thick, which is nice, but it sculpts and fills the brows nicely. It’s a great cool toned dark brown that is perfect for my black eyebrows. I love that I can wear it alone or sweep it through to set whatever I used to fill them in properly. Just a really great eyebrow product guys, I really recommend it, especially for people who like their brows done, but are lazy… like me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS