Drop Down Menu

Thursday 22 January 2015

Bookfest Haul

Today I head over to the Brisbane Lifeline Bookfest, which is held in the Convention Centre. I completely forgot that this was on. I usually go on the first day, but I missed it, and every day until today. I used to have a massive collection of books, mostly bought from Bookfests, but a while ago I sold a whole bunch because I had boxes of them just sitting there collecting dust and I felt bad for them (yes everyone, books are people too! They have feelings!). I wanted them to go to a loving home where they could be put on display. So I decided to go in to the Bookfest with a plan today, just to be certain my collection didn’t creep too far back to what it was. It was pretty bad before. I mean, some people have monsters under their beds, I had books… lots of books.

I decided that the only books I was going to allow myself to buy were ones that helped to complete my collection of Southern Vampire Mysteries books by Charlaine Harris (I call the the True Blood books). I haven’t read any of them yet. I’ve had books 1-3 since the last Bookfest, but I still haven’t read them. I was missing eight of the books and when I came home I was no longer missing any! I only went off track once, so I was pretty proud of myself. As you can see from the picture below, I got the True Blood books and also The Blind Side, which I’m really excited to read. I’ve watched the movie a bunch of times and really like. I plan on doing a review on The Blind Side, but I’m not sure about the True Blood ones, just because there’s 13 of them and that’s a lot. I think I’ll read the first one and see if I feel strongly enough about it to review it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS