Drop Down Menu

Monday 19 January 2015

Christmas Haul Pt 2.1 - Boxing Day Sales:

Okay, so I decided to quit being slack and finally get a few posts up that have been stuck in planning stage. This one is part 2.1 of my Christmas Haul, so it’ll be covering things I bought during the Boxing Days sales. For anyone who doesn’t know what they are: they are the massive sales that start on Boxing Day (duh) where shops put on some of their biggest savings of the year. My mum likened it to the Black Friday sales, but nowadays it’s not allowed to only go for one day, so it goes until around New Year’s Eve. My sister, our aunt and I go pretty much every year on Boxing Day and brave all the crazy shoppers (and become crazy shoppers!).

So, here’s some of what I got:

JAG BLACK SATCHEL HANDBAG:


I got this from Myer. I think I saved around $50 or $60 on it, which was pretty good. I absolutely love it. It’s not too big or small and I seriously haven’t used a different bag since I bought it. I really love satchel type bags. I love having a longer strap. This one fits all my crap in it, including my ridiculously overfilled A5 planner I put together at the start of the year. It’s one of my favourite bags that I have bought in ages.

ELITE ROSE GOLD WATCH:



I have been looking for a watch exactly like this for ages! I really like this larger round faced style, but a lot of them look crazy big on my wrist (I think because my arms are pretty short), so I was pretty chuffed to find this in Prouds at Maroochydore (where we went shopping). I love the simple white face with the rose gold hands, etc. Prouds is great with watches too. I needed another link for it and with them you can get (I think) the first 2 free. I only needed one and it arrived pretty quickly once it was ordered.

GIRLS SEASONS 1 & 2 (no pic sorry!):

I popped into JB Hi-Fi on my way back from my Christmas holiday on Boxing Day and was lucky enough to find a 20% sale on all DVDs and Blu-Rays, so I picked up these 2 seasons on Blu-Ray. By another stroke of luck the ‘Girls’ seasons were part of a buy one get one half price deal, which brought the total for both seasons down to a pretty little $25. I love this show. I’ve gushed about it before, so I won’t again, except to say that I think it’s fantastic and recommend it highly.

M.A.C. CREAMSHEEN LIPSTICK & BLUSH PAN:


I bought these with my giftcard that my parents gave me for Christmas. The lipstick is in the shade Peach Blossom and the blush is in Lovecloud. I really didn’t want to feel like I wasted my giftcard. M.A.C. is expensive and I wanted to make sure I got stuff I knew I would use all the time, hence the nude lipstick and blush. I love both of these. I was correct in my choosing because I do use them all the time, the blush especially. I’ve actually been using it more than my favourite, which is the Estee Lauder Pure Colour in Peach Passion. Lovecloud has a sheen to it that is so subtle and pretty. I prefer blushes like this, because they’re not as flat as matte shades, but they don’t make you look like your face slammed into a bowl of glitter. I really love the lipstick too. It’s only the second M.A.C. lipstick I’ve ever owned and it definitely makes me want more. It’s co creamy and pretty. It’s the perfect nude-type colour for my lips because it has a nice pink tone to it. I just love it!


NOVO BASIC BLACK STRAPPED THONGS:


Thongs, flip flops… whatever. Here we call them thongs. I love these. They were only $15 and they are so comfy! I don’t usually like thongs for anywhere but the beach, but I’ve been wearing these all the time. They look especially great paired with a maxi skirt.

CITY CHIC BASIC WHITE TEE AND SINGLET:



There’s not a whole lot to say about these. Think they were only about $10 each, which is super cheap for City Chic. I really love them both. I think I do prefer the tee to the singlet. The cut is just a little more flattering and I like when shirts are a little longer. Like I said, they’re only basic, but I prefer basic stuff and doing more dramatic makeup and whatnot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS