Drop Down Menu

Sunday 25 January 2015

Review: Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara


This review is for the Maybelline Big Eyes Mascara, which is part of their ‘Falsies’ range. This mascara comes with a double ended wand, one for your top lashes and the other for you bottom lashes. This isn’t a waterproof mascara or anything (as far as I can tell), and even though it comes with a little tube for each wand, I’m fairly certain it’s just equal to one regular tube.

THE GOOD:

I like the fact that this has two different sized wands for the top and bottom lashes. the top lash wand is fairly standard as far as the Volume Express wands go. This is my third different mascara from the Volume Express range and they all seem pretty much the same. The bottom lash wand is very dainty and thin. It holds just enough product to be able to put a light coat on for starters and then build it up as you want. The formula isn’t too wet or dry, which is good. It doesn’t seemed to have changed too much in consistency, despite it being opened for a few weeks now.

THE BAD:

I find that this smudges pretty easily, particularly on my lower lash line. I have to be very careful around my eye area until it sets, which takes a little while. Like I said before, the upper lash wand isn’t really anything I haven’t seen before from this range, which is a little disappointing. It would have been nice to see them try something a little different, even if it failed. With this formula though, I actually prefer to use the lower lash wand for both, just because the upper lash one seems to distribute too much product, and then smears easily because of it.

THE OVERALL:

This is definitely not my favourite mascara at all. I don’t hate it, nor will I throw it out before it’s finished, but I don’t think it’s worthy of a repurchase. My favourite mascara to date has been the Mega-Plush from Maybelline, and this doesn’t hold a candle to that one at all. It’s useable, but I feel like the top wand will go to waste because I mostly use the bottom one. Also, this isn’t a mascara I use when I got out for the night because of how much it tends to smudge. I still have a tube of the Volume Express Smokey Eyes one, and I use it when I need my mascara to last and last because it’s more of a drier formula. This isn’t a hit for me. It’s good in theory, but it doesn’t preform that well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS