Drop Down Menu

Thursday 22 January 2015

Best of 2014 - Lip Products

Today’s post is my Best of 2014 covers my favourite lip products for the year. Just like the eye products, there isn’t a set structure to these favourites. I just picked my most loved, most used products for the year because, like eye products, I didn’t have anywhere near as hard a time picking them as I did with the face products. It’s taking me a while to get these up, especially this week because my internet has been down. It went down Tuesday afternoon and only came back on late this afternoon. Fingers crossed it doesn’t happen again! Hope you guys enjoy this post!

BENFIT CHA CHA BALM:


This is the best lip balm I have ever bought. Ever. Sure it’s $26, but I really don’t care. I use it all the time. I also have Posie Balm now, which is every bit as good, but I just love the orange tint Cha Cha Balm gives my lips. I’m all for orange, especially since it’s my favourite colour. It goes really well underneath lipstick and gloss and also looks great by itself. I love to pair it with Posie Tint to achieve a nice almost coral/peachy tint on the lips. It’s so hydrating and smells so yummy! I really want to get the other shades as well because these are amazing balms!

NYX BUTTER GLOSS IN CRÈME BRULEE:


A cult favourite and it’s so easy to see why. This is so pretty on the lips. It makes your lips look so hydrated and supple. It goes really nicely over pick lipstick, helping to tone more vibrant shades down a little, which is what I like. I also wear it by itself. It doesn’t have super longevity or anything, but hey, it’s lip gloss. I like that it’s not too sticky as well. I don’t wear lip gloss very often, but this is one of the ones I reach for when I do.

REVLON KISSABLE BALMSTAIN IN RENDEZVOUS:


I have three of these and Rendezvous is by far my favourite. It’s a nice vibrant orange shade. It’s really buildable and can be worn as a light stain on the lips too. I don’t find these particularly hydrating, but I just make sure I use a balm underneath. I love these for colour and longevity. You can wear really vibrant shades and layer them on to be really pigmented or sheer them out for a light tint, and they really do leave a great stain on the lips, so even after you’ve been eating and drinking you’ve still got a hint of colour to your lips.

BENEFIT POSIE TINT:


I finally bought a couple of the Benefit tints later in the year. I got a triple pack of luxury sample sizes. In the pack I got Cha Cha Tint, Sun Beam and Posie Tint. Of the three Posie Tint is the one I use the most. I use it both on my lips and cheeks and I love how it looks for both. I love this for lazy makeup days, when I want to look presentable but want to put as little effort in as possible. All I do is slap on some foundation and concealer, then brush this on my lips and cheeks. I usually top it off on my lips with the Cha Cha Tint, for some hydration. It’s a great invention and I can’t believe that I went so long without it!

M.A.C. ROCKY HORROR LIPSTICK IN STRANGE JOURNEY:


I know talking about limited edition stuff is a bit of a no-no in the beauty blogging world, but I can’t resist gushing about this one more time! I don’t wear a lot of bright lip colours, but when I got this I wore it almost exclusively for about a month. I would wear it really pigmented or sheered out and it was amazing either way. I love the formula, especially since it’s a matte shade, and I had heard that M.A.C. matte shades weren’t all that and a bag of potato chips. This was the first M.A.C. lipstick I bought and it made me want to buy all of them, just because. It’s the perfect shade of red for me because it’s quite warm toned and doesn’t make my teeth look really yellow. As far as bright red lipsticks go, this is my one true love and that’s why I had to include it in this post! 

So that's it for my favourite beauty products for 2014! The final post will be all random stuff that has won my heart over the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS