Drop Down Menu

Friday 23 January 2015

Best of 2014 - Random Stuff

Today marks the end of my Best of 2014 series. It’s covering all the random stuff I loved over the year. I really wanted to share some of my favourite books and movies, etc. especially since I only started this site in the middle of the year and I wouldn’t have review pretty much any of it.

Let’s jump in!

BOOK – THE HOBBIT:


I was very proud to finish this book. I know it’s not that big of an achievement to get through such a small book, but for some reason I have a lot of trouble with the amount of description that Tolkien put in his stories. So, to finally finish this book was really exciting for me. I really loved the book and it really helped in the wait for the final movie. I just wanted to give it a shout out since it was kind of a mini Everest for me!

BLU-RAY PURCHASE – FRIENDS BOXSET:


This is the best show ever! I have loved this show for years and I seriously wore out my DVD collection, so when I saw the Blu-ray boxset for really cheap I had to have it! I have watched it over and over again throughout the year. I can’t even tell you how many times. Friends is my favourite show of all time and I will never grow tired of it. It’s the show I go to whenever I don’t know what I want to watch, so I’m so glad to have a really good quality boxset!

MAKEUP BRUSH – NUDE BY NATURE KABUKI BRUSH:


I have a ton of makeup brushes, but this is my old faithful. I have repurchased about five of these brushes. I always keep one in my bag and I have two in my collection at home. I use one for liquid/cream foundations and the other for mineral and setting powders, depending on what my foundation routine is. I just love this brush. It’s one of those items that gets pushed to the side when new products come on the scene, but is always there waiting for me when I need it. I always go back to this brush, no matter what amazing brushes I’ve added to my collection.

PERFUME – VERSACE BRIGHT CRYSTAL:


 I’ve always bounced from perfume to perfume, trying to find my perfect scent and I think I finally found it in this perfume. I wish I could describe the scent, but I can’t except to say that I never want to stop smelling it. I haven’t really worn any other perfume since I bought this. I just love it so much!

MOVIE RELEASE – GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY:

This might be a bit of an obvious one, but I went back through all the movies I saw last year (that were released last year) and this is the one that when I saw it I immediately went ‘Yep, that’s the one!’ I just loved this movie! It was funny and easy to watch. I’m a big fan of the Avenger movies and this one is up there as one of the best ones I’ve seen. I much prefer superhero movies that don’t take things too seriously (except the Dark Knight trilogy, but that’s Batman, he’s in a league of his own!). I think there was a lot of cliché parts to this movie, but that didn’t bother me at all. It was definitely the cast ensemble that made even the most cliché parts easy to take in and love.

BOOK – AUDREY HEPBURN, AN ELEGANT SPIRIT:


Ahh, Audrey Hepburn. My favourite actress. I have seen nearly all her movies and think there will never be anyone like her again, but I also think we should all aspire to be even just a bit like her. This book was written by her son, Sean and in it he includes family photos, which gives a unique insight into her life outside Hollywood. It’s a very real depiction of her life, not just the good parts and it’s so beautifully told that I was very sad to come to the end of the book. A really great read, I definitely recommend it.

MANGA SERIES – MIKI FALLS:


This is a series created by an American artist, Mark Crilley. It’s a really good series. Unlike Japanese manga, his books are printed in western style, so from left to right. That makes it much easier to follow, which is cool. His drawings are great. They have so much detail and he seems really knowledgeable about Japanese culture, which he appears to stay very true to. I couldn’t put these down when I got them, and I think I even read them again straightaway when I finished them.

T.V. SERIES (DISCOVERED LAST YEAR) – TRUE BLOOD:

I know, I know, this is old news, but I only started it last year. I watch the first episode years ago when it first came out and wasn’t interested, but last year I caught a season two episode and was hooked. So I borrowed the DVDs from someone and watched them all up to season five. Then I couldn’t get my hands on season six (bummer). Foxtel recently added a channel called Boxsets, and they played the entire series so I finally got through the rest of the show. I just love it now (although, as far as vampire stuff goes, Buffy is still better)! I watch episodes on Foxtel if they’re on, and it definitely became an obsession once I discovered it last year!

NOTEBOOK:


This is truly a random one, but I loved this notebook this year. As a writer, I love to write down my thoughts and issues and happy moments and I filled this notebook up with all of those for a good part of the year. I’m very picky with notebooks used for this purpose, and I had a few unfinished ones before I found this one. I just love it. It’s red and vintage-y looking and I love that it had the sepia/yellow-y colour paper rather than the stark white paper. It might sound strange to gush so much about a notebook, but if you write a lot you’ll understand!

That’s everything I loved throughout 2014! Well, not everything, but that’s my narrowed down list anyway! I hope you guys enjoyed this series and are having a great first month of the year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS