Drop Down Menu

Monday 26 January 2015

Review: Toni & Guy Rough Texturiser

Today’s second review is of the Toni & Guy Rough Texturiser from their Casual line. I bought this because my pixie cut is finally reaching very short bob stage and I like having my hair a little ‘messy’ when I straighten it. This isn’t a hairspray, so keep that in mind, you will need to use a hairspray after applying this. With that being said, let’s jump in!

THE GOOD:

This isn’t super sticky when you apply it. This is great because, as I just said, you need to apply hairspray afterwards and they can be sticky enough. It also doesn’t make your hair go all crunchy. Honestly, once you’ve sort of scrunched it through your hair and it settles you can’t really feel it in your hair at all. It doesn’t have an offensive scent (well, not to me anyway) and I don’t find that the scent lingers in my hair too much, unless you come up and smell my hair, which would be pretty weird.

THE BAD:

I would have preferred a product that had a bit of hold. This one doesn’t claim to have heaps of hold, so I’m surprised, but it would be nice if they made it so you didn’t need hairspray. Although, then they couldn’t try to get you to by the matching hairspray in the line. I have very oily hair and I find that if I use this too many times in a row before I wash (every second or third day), it really weighs down my hair. This might be something to keep in mind if you have oily hair like me. If you have more dry hair, it might not be a problem at all. I find this even when I do a really good spritz of a good quality dry shampoo.

THE OVERALL:

I like this product, but I’m not sure I’d repurchase it. It was pretty pricey for what it is and I don’t think I’d want to fork out that kind of money for it. I definitely will continue to use up the can I have, but after that I’ll branch out and try other things. It does give me the desired ‘messy’ look I’m after, but I’m sure there are tons of other cheaper products that will do the trick as well. I’m not going to tell you that I don’t recommend this, it’s a good product, but I will say shop around before you pick it up, there might be something better out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS