Drop Down Menu

Sunday 25 January 2015

Review: Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette


Today I’m bringing you a review of the Too Faced Natural Eyes palette. I talked a little about this in my Christmas Haul posts. I bought this with the Mecca Maxima gift card I got from my parents for Christmas. This is the very first taste (not literally!) of Too Faced eyeshadows I’ve had and the second product from them that I have ever owned, the first being the gift pack of mini Melted lipsticks my sis got me for Christmas. I’ve always wanted to try out their shadows, but couldn’t decided which palette to go with. In the end I decided to start small (because every Mecca was completely sold out of the Chocolate Bar palette), and I’m glad I did!

THE GOOD:

The shadows are really beautiful. They’re pigmented, creamy in texture and just glide on like butter. The colours are great too, particularly for a neutral-type palette. A lot of times neutral palettes can be a little blah. Honestly, I even find that with my Naked Basics palette, despite it being my favourite palette. I love the variety in this palette. It’s got the most basic neutral/brown shades alongside some beautiful champagnes, golds, and sparkly browns. There’s nine shades and a ton of different looks to create. I also like the thoughtful little pamphlet showing you three different looks that would be easy to achieve. The lasting power on these is pretty great too. I can wear them all day with minimal to no creasing, which on my eyelids, which crease so easily, is no mean feat.

THE BAD:

As with most sparkly shadows, these ones bring a bit of fall out. It’s definitely not a deal-breaker, but you might want to think about doing your eyeshadow before the rest of your face. The three matte brown shades are very similar, especially the two lighter ones (Nudie and Cashmere Bunny). I think instead of having both Nudie and Cashmere Bunny, one could have been sacrificed in place of another matte shade, like a matte pink or gold. The magnet can seem flimsy on it. I mean, it stays shut, but even so, I would feel like I need to make it extra secure when I travel. Maybe it’s just because I’m used to palettes that just click shut, who knows.

THE OVERALL:

I really love this palette. It’s going to come in handy for travel (despite my doubts about the magnet). The shades offer enough variety that you wouldn’t really need to pack too many other shadows, if any. There some of the best quality shadows I have ever bought too. I’m so amazed by the quality. I definitely think that after buying this one, the Chocolate Bar palette will definitely have to be added to list of my makeup must-haves. I can safely say that I did not waste one cent of my gift card with this palette!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS