Drop Down Menu

Monday 26 January 2015

Review: Too Faced Melted Lipsticks


I thought I’d do a review on the Too Faced Melted lipsticks that my sister got me for Christmas. I gave you all some of my thoughts on these in my Christmas Haul post, but I wanted to give a more in depth view. The pack I got was four mini tubes in the shades Melted Nude, Melted Peony, Melted Fuchsia and Melted Berry.

THE GOOD:

These feel really, really creamy on the lips. They’re not heavy or anything, but you can definitely feel their creamy texture on your lips. The colours are really pretty and pigmented as well, especially the more vibrant shades like Melted Fuchsia and Melted Berry. They have pretty good staying power and the more vibrant ones sometimes leave a bit of a stain after the initial colour has worn off, which is nice because it lengthens the time between reapplications. Even though I only have four different shades, from what I’ve seen in stores, there is a pretty decent variety in shades too. Even this little pack has good variety. Even though they’re all pink based, they are each very different. They layer nicely too. I’ve even done a little bit of an ombre with Melted Nude and Peony, and they sat really nicely with each other. It’s great because it opens up more looks to create with just four shades.
 
THE BAD:

My tubes of Melted Peony and Fuchsia seem a little runny. I have to give them a really vigorous shake to get a pigmented colour out, otherwise it can be a bit watery. I’m not sure if this is how these particular shades are all the time, or if it’s just mine. It’s not too big a deal, I’m not averse to shaking products, but it’s something to look out for. They can settle into the lines on my lips as well. It’s not super noticeable in real life, but it can be in photos.

THE OVERALL:

I really like these lipsticks. I wasn’t too sure I would, because I was sceptical about the liquid concept. They’re really creamy, and do actually last on the lips. I love the colours I have as well. Melted Nude and Melted Berry are by far my favourites. I think these mini ones will last a while, but I’m pretty sure I’d purchase the full size of my favourites once they run out. I definitely recommend checking these out if you haven’t already. They’re so easy to apply, even the darker shades like Melted Berry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS