Drop Down Menu

Thursday 17 July 2014

Review: Sukin Skincare Range


On my hunt for a new skincare routine after being somewhat unimpressed by Clinique I went through a few brands like Chanel (disaster), Aesop (not a fan) and Dermalogica (okay, but kind of pricey). While perusing the sales at my local Priceline one afternoon I came across Sukin. I didn’t buy anything straight away, but I went home and researched the brand.

Sukin are an Australian brand that makes natural skincare products. They stay away from harsh chemicals. They’re paraben and mineral oil free, etc. Basically they’re naturally good for your skin. After reading about them I was sold, especially after seeing the low price tags. I bought the Sensitive Skin Cleansing Lotion ($9.95AUD), the Hydrating Mist Toner ($9.95AUD) and the Moisture Restoring Night Cream ($19.95AUD). I’m yet to get a day cream from them, but as soon as I finish my Trilogy Very Gentle Moisturiser I’ll be all over the Sukin day cream.


SENSITIVE SKIN CLEANSING LOTION:

This cleanser is so gentle. I was a little worried that it was going to be too similar to the Clinique one I had just finished, because it was less than great, but I was wrong. Its natural ingredients make the consistency far more smooth and creamy than the Clinique. I’ve been using it for a couple of weeks now and I have noticed a change in my skin, unlike the Clinique. My skin seems smoother, more radiant and with the help of my KUU Konjac Sponge, my pores seem so much clearer. Even though the bottle is a bit smaller than the Clinique, I use about a third of the amount in comparison.


 
HYDRATING MIST TONER:

The mist toner is perfect for someone like me, who can stand that tiny bit of extra effort putting toner on a makeup remover pad and rubbing it across my face. With this toner I just spray it on and I’m good to go. It’s so hydrating as well. I love how refreshing it feels, especially under my moisturiser.



MOISTURE RESTORING NIGHT CREAM:

I love this! It’s probably my favourite of the three products I have so far. It’s so creamy, and yet it absorbs so quickly. It’s so moisturising, and it feels really calming, even though it’s not advertised as being a calming formula. I can’t say enough good things about this night cream. I can only hope that the day creams are as good!

THE BOTTOM LINE:


These may just be the best skincare products I’ve ever used. I love the way my skin feels now. Before using them it felt dry, irritated, and just plain old dull. Now it’s smooth and has more life to it. My redness is still being kept at bay, but I still have a normal, healthy flush to my cheeks. I’m loving how my makeup has been sitting and lasting on my skin since using this, in comparison to the other products I’ve been trying out. All-in-all this range is excellent. The price tags are pretty awesome too, as well as the fact that they are an Aussie brand. I definitely recommend checking out the line to see if they have something that might suit your skin type!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS