Drop Down Menu

Monday 7 July 2014

Review: L'Oreal Lumi Magique Light Infusing Foundation (N1 - Pure Pearl)

Hey guys!

So, I went out for dinner for my sister’s birthday, and decided to go back to my old friend, the L’Oreal Lumi Magique. I’d completely forgotten about this foundation, and I can’t believe I did. So I decided it was about time I wrote down my thoughts on it.

I really wanted to try the True Match foundation that I see everyone raving about but when I went into Priceline I couldn’t find a colour light enough to match me. So I moved onto the Lumi Magique and the match I found was pretty damn close. It’s $33.95 at Priceline, which may seem expensive to anyone not in Australia, but if you are in Australia you’ll know that that’s pretty normal (which might make you groan a little in frustration, I know I do). If you are somewhere like the U.S., I know that it goes by a slightly different name, on the Ulta website it has it listed as True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup, and the shades are different (or at least have different names), oh, and it’s only about $8.

THE POSITIVES:

This has a beautiful dewy/natural finish and the coverage is perfect for my needs. I don’t usually have a lot of blemishes, just the redness that I’ve mentioned a few times before, and this covers it all nicely without looking cakey. It’s so light and beautiful feeling on the skin. I love that most of the time I don’t even need to set it with a powder. I will only set it with a powder when I’m going for a night out and I need to 1) look a little more done up; and 2) have my makeup last for as long as possible without a touch up.

I like that the bottle has a pump, and that you really don’t need a lot to cover your face. It’s a light t medium buildable coverage. It’s so moisturising, and even in these really dry months for my skin, it doesn’t appear to cling to any dry patches at all. One of my favourite features is the fact that I can apply this many different ways and get pretty much the same finish. I’ve used my Beauty Blender, fingers, Real Techniques Expert Face brush, Models Prefer flat-top buffing brush and just recently my LimeLily Duo Fibre Stippling brush, which so far I think is my favourite with my Beauty Blender coming in a close second.

THE NEGATIVES:

In some lights the foundation can seem a little bit too dark for me, but as long as I blend it down my neck enough it doesn’t really bother me. The price tag is a little disappointing too. In Australia $34 isn’t really that much to pay for a foundation, and I have paid a lot more for less product (see my Bobbi Brown review for an example), but it’s just such a pet peeve for me that us Aussies have to pay so much more than most other countries. I mean, come on Australia! The U.S. is paying $8 for this stuff and we’re paying $34? That’s such bull. To be fair, this gripe is with pretty much all Aussie makeup prices, not just the Lumi.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

The bottom line is that I am in love with this foundation. I have loved it from my very first application. Yes, sometimes it can appear a little too dark, but I make it work because it’s just so pretty! The positives far outweigh the negatives for me, and I think it’s one of the best foundations I’ve ever used, both drugstore and high end. I wouldn’t recommend this if you like a matte finish, because, as the name suggests, it’s a very luminous foundation, but if you like a natural/dewy finish this is for you! I say definitely go ahead and give Lumi a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS