Drop Down Menu

Friday 11 July 2014

Review: Estee Lauder Pure Colour Portfolio Makeup Palette

Hey guys!



I got this palette from my beautiful family for Christmas and I am finally getting around to writing this review. I love this palette. It’s got a massive variety of shades and I love that (apart from foundation etc,) you can create so many entire looks from just this one product. 

The palette comes with 30 eyeshadows, 15 lipsticks, 3 blushes, 1 bronzer, a dual ended eyeliner pencil, 2 lip glosses and 4 little brushes/sponge applicators. Suffice to say, it’s pretty jam packed full of Estee Lauder-y goodness!

THE POSITIVES:

The range and pigmentation of the eyeshadows is amazing! There are greens, purples, blues, neutrals…. Just everything! There’s also matte, shimmery and satin finishes. It’s just awesome. It makes me want to go out and buy tons of Estee Lauder eyeshadows (I won’t because I live in Australia and that crap is EXPENSIVE!). The set comes with a little leaflet that gives you breakdowns of two different looks you could try, but there’s a plethora of ideas that you could come up with. The eyeshadows can also be used wet or dry, which is awesome because then it gives you the option of creating a pigmented coloured eyeliner.

Next onto the blushes and bronzer. Let’s start with the bronzer. It’s the Bronze Goddess in Medium. I had been wanting to try out this bronzer for ages, and I was so happy when I discovered it in the palette. I don’t always wear bronzer, but this is the perfect shade for when I do. It is so smooth and pigmented. Despite its wonderful pigmentation, it is easy to sheer out which works out well for my fair skin. Now for the blushes. I love them all. My favourite is definitely Peach Passion, which as its name implies, is a beautiful peachy toned blush. All of the blushes, like the bronzer, are highly pigmented but able to be sheered out.

I really like the dual ended eyeliner too. They’re really smooth and easy to apply.

THE NEGATIVES:

Honestly, I’m not a huge fan of the lipsticks. I mean, they’re nice, but I don’t find them to be anything special. I wonder if the actual lipsticks are better, but I only have these to go on. I don’t find them to be super long wearing or incredibly pigmented. I usually have to build them up a little to get good colour, but then I start to feel like my lips are wearing a mask.

Like with the lipsticks, I don’t find the lip glosses to be anything special. They’re nice, but… meh. They’re a little on the sticky side, which I don’t like. Although, they do have pretty good pigmentation.

I’m not going to talk about the little brushes, etc. because they’re just generic, but it’s nice to have them there in a pinch.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

This was an amazing Christmas present. I get so much use out of it. I used it in my first tutorial here, and it’ll be used in the next one I have lined up. I use it when I’m going out and when I travel it’s usually the only palette I take… oops I lied, I also take my Chi Chi Nudes palette which is also awesome. But, when I travel I don’t take any blushes or bronzers outside of the ones in the palette. Apart from my Chi Chi Nudes palette which is just eyeshadows, this is my favourite palette. It’s so versatile and full of great shades and pure awesomeness. It was limited edition, but if and when Estee Lauder ever brings out something similar with the Pure Colour range, snap that baby up! You won’t be sorry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS