Drop Down Menu

Thursday 31 July 2014

July Favourites: L'Oreal, Revlon, ELF, Bobbi Brown and more!

Hey everyone!

I was really hoping that this post was going to be my first video but alas, it was not meant to be. I have a few favourites to share with you all and I’m really excited to have my first favourites post up! I guess I may as well just jump straight in!

L’OREAL LUMI MAGIQUE FOUNDATION IN PURE PEARL:

I’ve done an actual review on this foundation, which can be found on my Beauty Reviews page, but let me just say again how much I love this foundation. If it weren’t for the fact that the colour match is a little too dark, this would probably be my holy grail foundation. Apart from the colour match, I love everything about this foundation. It’s beautiful and light feeling on the skin. It gives good light to medium coverage. It doesn’t have an offensive smell. It lasts pretty well on me (on oilier skin it might not though). It blends easily. A little goes a pretty long way, and best of all the price point as far as Aussie pricing goes is on the lower end of the spectrum at around $33. This is a great illuminating foundation, and I really just love it!

BOBBI BROWN SKIN FOUNDATION STICK IN PORECLAIN:

Now, I know I did give Bobbi a glowing review like I did with the Lumi, but after I posted the review I decided to give it another go. What I found was that the dry, patchiness I was getting before wasn’t happening anymore. I chalked it up to my new range of skincare and the extra hydrating it is giving my skin. It’s still not my favourite foundation, but I have been really enjoying it this month. I know I definitely like it a lot better than my NARS cream foundation, which only wins in the colour match department because Siberia is the perfect skin tone match for me. I discovered the other day that I can get my NARS to look almost as good as my Bobbi if I let it sit on my skin for a few minutes before moving on to the rest of my base, whereas my Bobbi looks awesome straight off the bat. I don’t have to wait for it to set before moving on with my routine. In the battle of cream foundations NARS vs Bobbi, Bobbi is the clear winner.

ELF EYELID PRIMER:

ELF is fairly new to me. I’ve been wanting to try them for ages, but from what I’ve seen K-Mart has only just started stocking them (or at least the one near my house). One of the first things I bought was the eyelid primer. I got this because I needed a new one and I had forgotten to get one for the day that I had planned to do makeup on some models/willing victims, so on the mad dash to the makeup day I stopped in at K-Mart and wouldn’t you know, right there in front of my was the ELF stand, offering up its $3 eyelid primer. I used it on all the girls and was really happy to see my makeup creations lasting all day. Since then I have got one for myself and have used it nearly every day. I’m really impressed. I have a really hard time stopping creasing, and this $3 little miracle really seems to do the trick.

REVLON JUST BITTEN KISSABLE BALM STAIN IN RENDEZVOUS:


I only have two shades of the balm stains, but Rendezvous is my favourite. I love how you can get a subtle hint of orange, or build it up for a more intense colour. I find the longevity fairly good. At first it did bother me that it wasn’t all that moisturising, but now I just treat it like a really sheer lipstick, meaning I simply use a lip balm/butter to moisturise first. There’s not a lot to say about these balm stains except that I love the ones I have and I can’t wait to try more shades and finishes.

SUKIN SKINCARE:


I have the Sensitive Skin Cleansing Lotion, Hydrating Mist Toner and Moisture Restoring Night Cream and I love them all. Each product does the exact job I expected them to do and my skin is in such great shape from them. The cleanser is nice and calming, but I feel like I get a good clean from it too. The toner is so easy to use. I usually just spray a bit on my hands and pat it in, but you can also spray it directly on your face and just let it absorb. I’ve used it both ways and it works just the same. The night cream is a god-send. My skin was so dry and red and irritated. This cream has helped it to get to a point where I don’t feel patchy or itchy. My skin is smooth and feels plumper. I love this line and I can’t wait to try more from Sukin. Oh, and I forgot to mention one of the best parts! It’s so cheap. My cleanser and toner were only $10 each and the night cream, which will last for ages only cost $20! How awesome is that!

THE BALM MARY-LOU MANIZER:


I have never been a huge fan of shimmery highlights. I just hate the feeling of chunks of glitter sprawled across my face. The Mary-Lou Manizer was something I always figured I wouldn’t like for that reason. When I finally went in to the store and swatched it, I was amazed. It’s shimmery in a very subtle way. It gives more glow and sheen than outright glittery texture. I’ve used this nearly every day since I bought it about 2 months ago, and I love it. It’s so pigmented that you only need a light dusting. I can see this lasting for ages and ages, because I’ve barely made a dent in mine.

KUU KONJAC SPONGE:

Ahh my beautiful Konjac sponge. My most prized possession (in my bathroom)! This sponge coupled with my Sukin cleanser is pure heaven after removing my makeup. It gets rid of the excess makeup, plus all the other yucky stuff I imagine my face accumulates during the day. Its so easy to use, and it works great with or without cleanser, so on days where I haven’t worn makeup I can just use the sponge alone and still get a great clean. I can’t say enough great things about these konjac sponges. They’re just amazing!




So that’s it! I really hope you enjoyed my July favourites. Next month I will really try to make it a video, which might make it a bit more interesting. I would love for this blog to be a healthy mix of written and videoed posts, just to keep it interesting and flex my creative muscles :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS