Drop Down Menu

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Review: Chanel Mousse and Lait Confort Cleansers

Hey everyone! 

Before we start, I don't have pics of these products. I only had a little sample of the Lait and I returned the Mousse. Keep reading to find out why :)

A couple of months ago, when I decided that I was overly satisfied with my Clinique cleansing range, I decided to search around through the higher end skincare ranges to see if anything took my fancy. I went to the Chanel store in one of the shopping centres near my house, and tried out the Confort cleansing products. They have two cleanser in the Confort range, which is designed for sensitive skin. The have a Mousse and Lait (milk) cleanser. I had pretty much the same opinion on both of these product, hence them being in the same review.

Okay, so let’s get into it…

THE POSITIVES:

The smell of these products is amazing. I mean, I wouldn’t expect anything less from Chanel. Also, the texture of both is beautiful. They are both so smooth and creamy. Again, I wouldn’t expect anything less.

And… honestly that’s it. I can’t think of any more positives.

THE NEGATIVES:

As you have probably already guessed from the fact that I could only think of two positives, I don’t like these two products. The first negative relates back to the first positive. The scent. Although it’s a beautiful, luxurious scent, I don’t know how Chanel can say that these cleansers are designed for sensitive skin when they are so heavily fragranced. Also, the smell is beautiful, but it lingers, and starts to become offensive. I could still smell it after moisturising applying makeup. I used the Mousse first, and thought that the reaction I was having was because it was a very foamy formula. I was going all red and splotchy (not itchy though, thank God) every time I used it. I used the Mousse for about four days before switching to the Lait, which is a milky formula. I thought that because it was a milk it wasn’t going to react like the Mousse did. WRONG! It was just as bad as the Mousse. I was so red that I actually had to opt for a heavy covering of my Pro Longwear foundation to cover it. Usually I can cover my redness with a bit of concealer and a light coverage foundation. Also, when I do use something that activates my redness, it will go down in an hour or so, but this lasted all day.

Another thing I didn’t like was the fact that they gave my skin that squeaky clean feeling without the clean part. I just felt tight skinned. Plus I didn’t feel moisturised either.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

I really didn’t like these cleansers. The reaction of it irritating my redness was so bad, and it was all I could think about while I was using it. Self-conscious is really not how you wanna feel about yourself when using a new skincare or makeup product. There’s really not a lot else to say about these cleansers. I’m disappointed in the fact that they are for sensitive skin, but are so heavily fragranced. I know I said they smelled nice, but I’d rather no scent and it not reacting badly with my skin. On the up side, I finally did find a range that I really love and is a fraction of the price of the Chanel ones. Stay tuned for my review on the Sukin range! J

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS