Drop Down Menu

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Review: Brut Tattoo Builder

I’ve been meaning to write up a review on the Brut Tattoo Builder for ages but I’ve been trying so many different things and have been so busy with the new uni semester that it just hasn’t happened until now.

I kept seeing ads for this and another similar product from Brut. I think it was called Tattoo Guard. Anyway, I kept seeing ads for them and being the proud owner of a wrist tattoo I was somewhat intrigued by the premise. I will also start off by saying I think I should have bought the Tattoo Guard instead of the Builder, but I’ll explain why in a minute. They were advertised as being treatments to preserve the original colours and crispness of your tattoos.

Here’s why I think I bought the wrong one. From what the packaging says, I think it might be designed more for newly acquired tattoos. I started mine in 2010 and finished it in 2011, so it doesn’t really have quite the vibrancy it did when it first healed. Don’t get me wrong, it still looks beautiful, and if it has faded it’s not all that noticeable because I chose quite muted colours anyway. But basically it’s a few years old now and that’s why I think I should’ve got the Guard instead of the Builder.

With that in mind, I didn’t notice any difference to my tattoo at all. I don’t feel like it was detrimental to its condition but I also don’t feel like it did anything but add temporary moisture to the area. I don’t know what the Guard one claims to do in comparison to this. I might have to pick up a tube and try it out.

As for the application, a little definitely goes a long way. It’s very runny and thin. It feels cool when you apply it, and even though I didn’t like the smell, I wasn’t overly offended by it either. The moisture it adds leaves a nice sheen to the area and until it wears down it does look somewhat vibrant but let’s face it, normal not-ten-dollar moisturiser will do the same thing and will probably last longer.

I don’t know how this will work on fresher tattoos, I guess I’ll have to wait and see if I ever get the chance to get one again. For me personally though, I just don’t really feel one way or the other about it. I honestly haven’t picked it up in weeks. I couldn’t even tell you where it is right at the moment. It’s a very uninspiring product for me, but then again, I might just have bought the wrong product in the line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS