Drop Down Menu

Monday 20 April 2015

Review: Hourglass Modernist Eyeshadow Palette in Monochrome


Hourglass is one of those brands that are so luxury that I feel financially guilty every time I even dare to think about purchasing a product, but at the same time everything is just so damn gorgeous that I can’t stay away from the stand each time I go to Mecca Maxima. This Modernist eye shadow palette in Monochrome was no exception. Currently I only own three Hourglass products, but I know I want so many more. They have beautiful packaging and everything is such amazing quality it almost makes you forget the price tag… almost!

When I bought the Modernist palette I actually had intended to pick up the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette, but as soon as I saw the Monochrome one on display I knew it was going to come home with me. Let’s be real, the Chocolate Bar palette would have been the more logical choice. It’s $65 for 16 shadows whereas the Modernist palette was $76 for five shadows. Excessive, I know but I just could help myself. The shades are beautiful pink and purple tones and are so creamy and pigmented! The way they are packaged is amazing too. They’re not in individual pans like normal palettes. As you can see from the photo, they sit all together with a lovely wavy pattern across them. Just divine!

This palette has shades unlike any other that I own, which was my main justification for spending that ridiculous amount of money. My other justification was that it would travel well because it’s so compact.

I literally have nothing bad to say about this palette. I mean, I could sit here and complain about the high price tag, but obviously I think it was worth it because I bought it and here I sit, gushing about it. Yes, Hourglass is expensive, but I’m yet to test out a product that sucks. It’s so easy to see how much time and effort goes into making these luxury item as luxurious as possible. I probably won’t go out and buy all the other palettes because I’m not made of money and Monochrome was the only one I knew was unique for my collection and would get used enough, but if you’ve got a spare $76AUD to spend on a new palette I would highly recommend these palettes. It is one of the best palettes I have ever bought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS