Drop Down Menu

Monday 9 March 2015

Review: NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation

This is only going to be a short one today because my relationship with the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation was just that: short. Sorry about the lack of photo, it wasn’t in my house long enough for a photo-shoot!

I was first given the wrong colour of this foundation, and had to track down the proper shade. It was a rocky beginning. The day after I tracked down the right shade I had the opportunity to try it out.

Guys… I can’t even begin to tell you how awful it was on my skin! It went patchy and flaky. I applied it three different ways. I applied with just moisturiser, with moisturiser and my Too Faced Hangover primer (review coming very soon) and also with my Savvy Smooth Finish primer on top of double the amount of moisturiser and nothing prevented the dry grossness that the foundation created on my face. I wouldn’t even wear it outside. It felt like a mask on my face. Almost like a clay mask. It accentuated my dryness that much. I’ve never had a foundation do this ever. Not even a matte one, let alone one that claims to be luminous like this one.

I read and watched so many raves on this stuff and I was so excited to try it for myself. One of my favourite foundations of all time is the NARS Sheer Glow. It is the liquid foundations that I expect all others to strive towards, so it seemed like a no-brainer that the new NARS one would at least come close. Now here I sit in utter defeat and disappointment.

I can’t attest to whether or not it actually lasts the amount of time it claims to, how it wears throughout the day or anything like that. Like I said, I couldn’t bring myself to go outside looking the way it made me look, so I removed it immediately and went out and bought the foundation I should have got in the first place, a new bottle of the Sheer Glow.

I’m not sure what it was about my skin that cause such a bad finish to the foundation. Honestly I was so surprised and I truly believe that most people will probably love it. I think I just wasn’t meant to have it in my life. I will say this: definitely get a sample of this if you can. It’s one thing to try it on in store with their skincare products, but it’s another to take it home and see how it works with your own skincare and primers, etc. ‘Try before you buy’ is a saying for a reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS