Drop Down Menu

Monday 16 March 2015

Review: VO5 Give Me Texture Powder

Today’s beauty related review is of the VO5 Give Me Texture Instant Oomph Powder. Basically it’s a little 7 gram bottle of texturizing powder. It’s supposed to give extra texture and instant volume. I’ve been using this powder for a while off and on, so I feel like I have a pretty clear view on how I feel about it.

One really good thing I notice about it right off the bat, looking at the bottle right now is how slowly it goes. I’ve had mine for close to a year and I’ve only used about a third of it. I’m sure I would have used a bit more if I used it more frequently, but still, it’s impressive.

Now onto the powder itself. It seemed like a really light powder in the bottle, but on my hair it feels sort of heavy and can be a little greasy feeling. Let me say this though, I do get greasy hair quite easily, so this is of no surprise to me at all. It definitely gives a good amount of volume when I aply it to my roots, although I’m not impressed by its ability to texturize, or lack thereof as it were. I’ve much better products for texturizing than this product, but if you’re more looking for volume without the need of hairspray this might be worth a try.

Overall I’m not too fussed on this stuff. It’s not horrible by any stretch of the imagination, but I definitely won’t bother repurchasing it once I run out. It definitely gives me the volume I want, but I don’t like that I end up just using my Rough Texturiser to get my desire messy look. I honestly think there are better products out there, for me at least. I just think this one makes my hair too greasy and doesn’t do enough to outweigh that negative. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS