Drop Down Menu

Monday 30 March 2015

Review: Too Faced HangoverX Primer

I’m not going to lie. I wrote this review a while ago and for some reason I didn’t post it. I could’ve sworn I did but obviously I was wrong. So here it is for you in all its late glory.

I bought the Too Face Hangover Primer a few weeks ago and have pretty much only used it since I got it. It’s a silicone free primer that has coconut water and a bunch of other good stuff for you skin in it. It’s $44AUD. I got mine from the Kit counter in Myer and you can also pick it up from Mecca Maxima. I know $44 is a lot to spend on primer, especially for someone like me who doesn’t really use primer all that much, but I’d heard so much about it in the weeks leading up buying that I just couldn’t resist.

I really wasn’t sure about this primer during the first few days of using it. I felt like it wasn’t hydrating enough for my dry skin, which at the time was crazy dry for some reason. I was expecting this to be almost serum-like because of the coconut water and electrolytes it’s supposed to contain. On my cheeks, nose and forehead it was perfectly fine, but my upper lip and chin areas seemed a little patchy. I was actually considering returning it in its first few days in my care. The only reason I didn’t was because of the longevity it gave my makeup.

I don’t like a lot of primers because I feel like they sit funny and cling to my dry patches. Before buying this primer I really only used primers in my T-Zone when I went to events or knew I was going to be out an about on very hot days. Most of the time I just slapped some moisturiser on and I was good to go. Honestly, priming just felt like another unnecessary step.

After forcing myself to give this a real go and switch up my moisturiser rather than return the primer I realised that the problem was more that my skin needed more TLC and not so much that the primer was crap. I have never used a primer so much in my life. I have pretty much used this every time I’ve worn makeup since I bought it and now I absolutely love it.

It smells amazing and feels so lightweight and fresh when I apply it. It wakes my tired cranky skin up. I’ve actually just put this on with a little bit of under-eye concealer on some days when I just need to pop up to the shops and it worked a treat. The beautiful coconutty scent and the fresh cool feeling it gives the skin is invigorating in the morning when everything feels like too much effort. I put this on and I feel okay about being out of bed and having to get ready to face the day. Seriously guys, it just feels good. It feels more like skincare than a makeup primer.

Once I got the hydration of my skin sorted this stuff works beautifully. I don’t get the dry patches I was getting in the first few days anymore and it’s hydrating elements makes my foundation look smooth and bright. Even when I mattify my foundation it still looks luminous and fresh.

Like I said before, I know that $44 is a lot of money to spend on a primer but I really recommend this one. I’ve tried a lot of primers and that’s why I generally shy away from them, but this one has just about reached HG status for me. I never thought a primer would do that for me, but I should’ve know that if there was a brand that was going to do it, it was going to be from Too Faced. Too Faced are seriously my favourite brand. I think I’ve loved everything I’ve tried from them so far. If you’re like me and you tend to shy away from primers because they cling to your dry patches I recommend at least getting a sample of this stuff, it may just surprise you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS