Drop Down Menu

Sunday 8 March 2015

Review: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer

I’m not really a huge bronzer girl. I’m far more partial to blushes and highlighters. This is mainly because, with my pale skin, I’ve always been a little afraid of bronzers. Contouring is one thing, but bronzers have a tendency to either run too red or too orange on my basically white skin. I’ve only ever found two bronzers that haven’t given me too much trouble. I have the Bronze Goddess from Estee Lauder. It’s in Medium, so a really careful light hand is needed when I crack it out. The other is the E.L.F. Bronzer in Sun Kissed. Sadly that bronzer met a tragic end at my Grandma’s place over Christmas. It smashed when I dropped my M.A.C. Pro Palette (thankfully is was the only thing). I was going to get another one, but I haven’t been able to find it again. So a couple of weeks ago I decided to try out the Milk Chocolate Soleil from Too Faced.

This is such a nice bronzer for pale skin. I personally have more yellow than pink undertones in my skin colour and sometimes the cooler toned browns look a little ashy on me. On the other hand, being so pale can create some very red or orange tones on me and let’s face it, nobody wants to look like either a tomato or an Oompa Loompa (although that’s just me speculating, if you do enjoy rocking these looks more power to you!). This bronzer, although it looks very warm doesn’t leave any unnatural colours on my skin.

Okay, so the smell. If you haven’t smelled the cocoa powder stuff from Too Faced go to your cupboard right now, find some cooking cocoa and take a big whiff. Don’t worry, I’ll wait…. Okay good, now you know the smell I’m talking about you know how delicious this stuff is. It’s made with cocoa powder and I could sniff it forever. I know everyone says this, but it’s for good reason. The cocoa powder also makes the formula super smooth and gives it a buttery texture. Even though it’s a completely matte bronzer, it in no way looks so matte that it looks unnatural. I’m not one for a harsh contour or anything, especially since I usually just stick to blush, but this stuff has converted me to the side of bronzers. I haven’t done my makeup without it since I bought it.

Overall this is a massive hit for me. I’m so glad that Too Faced expanded they’re Chocolate Soleil bronzer line to include one for pale skin. They’ve earned some serious brownie points from me. It’s why I’m pretty sure they’ve taken out the title of my favourite high-end brand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS