Drop Down Menu

Monday 11 August 2014

Review: Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette



Hey guys!

Just a quick one today. I am so happy to be able to do this review! I finally have the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. I know I’m a bit slow on this one, but Urban Decay is really difficult and expensive to find in Australia. I was really happy to find it for $25 on eBay.

So I got it in the mail last week and tried it out immediately. There are six neutral shades in the palette. Five matte shades and a shimmery one.

THE POSITIVES:

The fact that most of the shades are matte is a big bonus for me. For me there’s nothing better than a good matte eyeshadow, especially when it’s a neutral toned one. There’s a good balance of lighter and darker shades, and they’re all buttery and creamy and highly pigmented. The absolute best part of these shadows is the fact that they don’t crease on me. I’ve never had a shadow not crease on me without the use of a primer or base. To be honest, half the time I get creases even with primers and bases. I wore these shadows for an entire day without any primer the first time I tried them and I didn’t get any creasing. It’s makeup miracle!

The packing is really nice too. It’s nice and sturdy and compact which will make it good for travel. It has a decent sized mirror in it that gives you a good view of your eye while you’re apply the shadows.

THE NEGATIVES:

There aren’t a lot of negatives on this one. At least none that I’ve found yet. Obviously a big negative is the difficulty in getting UD in Australia. It would be awesome if somewhere like Mecca Cosmetica stocked it. When it comes to two of the lighter shades, I’ve found that they are quite similar looking on the eye, even though in the tray and swatch on the arm one is clearly more yellow and the other more peachy. The shades are Foxy and Walk of Shame (W.O.S). Foxy does show up a smidge lighter than W.O.S., so it’s not a huge deal, but I was having trouble finding negatives, and I decided to get a little nit-picky.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

I love, love, love this palette. It is on its way to being a favourite. I love the colours, the pigmentation, the texture and as I said before, the fact that they haven’t creased on me yet. I’m so happy I finally got this palette and it makes me want more UD stuff. If you haven’t already tried out this palette (and I know a lot of you have!) I can definitely recommend this one, it’s my new love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS