Drop Down Menu

Monday 18 August 2014

Review: Chi Chi Nudes Palette

Hey guys!


I came across this palette in a search for a kind of dupe for the Urban Decay Naked palette, which is really hard and expensive to get your hands on in Australia. Now, I don’t have the Naked palette (yet), so I can’t say how good a dupe this is, but I have fallen in love with this palette in its own right.

This palette is a very brown based one, with a couple of matte shades and a range of shimmery/satin finish shades.

THE POSITIVES:

The palette has absolutely beautiful shades. There are twelve to choose from and they’re a good range of neutral shades. I love that you can achieve many different looks with just this palette. The texture of the shadows is amazing as well. They’re all so buttery and creamy feeling. They’re incredibly pigmented and while there is a little fallout, it’s not excessive and chalky like some shadows can be.

I like that the lid to the palette is clear, so you can see the shades without opening it. Despite being made of plastic, it does feel quite sturdy too.

THE NEGATIVES:

There are only 2 matte shades in the whole palette, which is disappointing. Matte shades are my favourite. It’s a little annoying that there isn’t a matte highlighting shade, because that would really help with all the shimmery looks you can achieve with the palette.

 
Even though the packaging does feel sturdy and I like the clear top, overall it does feel kind of cheap, and I know it was, but they don’t even have names for their shades. I didn’t like that it came with those little sponge applicator things, I would have much preferred a brush, or nothing at all. It feels like such a waste because I always end up chucking out the spongy things without even using them.




THE BOTTOM LINE:

I really do love this palette. It was my go-to until I got my UD Naked Basics palette. I still love to mix the shimmery shades of this palette with my Naked Basics palette to create even more neutral looks. I can totally forgive the packaging and not having enough matte shades because this palette was cheap and the quality of the shadows is outstanding. I really need to go out and get basically all of the other palettes that are in this line. Don’t be fooled by the cheaper packaging of these palettes, try them out and discover for yourself how beautiful the shadows are to work with!

Have you tried any of the Chi Chi palettes? If so, which ones and which one do you think I should try next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS