Drop Down Menu

Monday 25 August 2014

Review: Benefit They're Real Mascara

Hey guys!

Today’s review is of the They’re Real Mascara from Benefit. I was given a sample of this from a girl at the counter a week or so ago, so I don't have any pictures of this one. I had also tried it a while before as well. The full size of this product is $38AUD from Myer.

THE POSITIVES:

The volume and length that this mascara gives is amazing. It’s quite a wet formula, so it allows for a fair amount of product to be applied. It definitely isn’t all that clumpy and does make it look like your lashes but better.

THE NEGATIVES:

I really don’t like the wand that comes with this mascara. I’m clumsy when it comes to putting mascara on myself and if a wand is too big I tend to get it everywhere. This is what happens when I try to use the They’re Real wand. It’s quite a thick barrel and instead of tapering off it comes to a ball shape at the end. I’ve taken to using a disposable wand instead. Also, because of the wetness of the formula, I find that it is very hard to get a thin layer of this on my lashes. I’m lucky to have quite long dark lashes, so I don’t generally use a lot of mascara. I prefer just a tine thin layer, focussed on the outer corner. This mascara doesn’t really allow for that.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

Do I think this is a good mascara? Yes, most definitely. Is it dark, very volumising and very lengthening without looking clumpy. Would I purchase the full size version? No. As nice a mascara as this is, I really can’t justify $38 for a mascara when I wouldn’t even use the wand it comes with. Also, I don’t love it anywhere near as much as my Maybelline Mega Plush mascara. I get the finish I want every time with that mascara, without a struggle, and I love the wand it comes with.

Overall, this mascara isn’t a complete miss. I’ll definitely use up the sample, I just won’t be buying the full size. I can see this being an awesome mascara for someone who has very light or sparse lashes and loves a wetter formula.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS