Drop Down Menu

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Review: Garnier Gentle Cleansing Milk

Hey guys!

Today’s review is of the Garnier Gentle Cleansing Milk. I got this on sale from Priceline a couple of weeks ago for around $6AUD. I think it might have been half price.

THE POSITIVES:

I’ve used this pretty much every day since I bought it and it really does a great job of taking my makeup completely off. I’ve found that the way to get the best result with the least amount of product is to actually rub it all over my face and then wash it off with warm water. I find that if I use makeup remover pads, like the bottle says to, I end up using more product. It also has a really pretty scent, but it doesn’t irritate my skin, which is great. It’s really good at getting waterproof stuff off, like my mascara or Gimme Brow.

THE NEGATIVES:

While it doesn’t irritate my eyes as much as other stuff I’ve tried, it does cause a minor sensation around my eyes. Also, for a milk cleanser I don’t find it to be as moisturising as the bottle would lead you to believe. My skin isn’t any drier, but it’s definitely not softer from using this. While I eventually did find a good way of using this, I don’t think they should be suggesting to use makeup remover pads. The formula is just way too thick and you end up using more pads and product trying to get your makeup off, especially if you have a full face of makeup.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

This is definitely a nice product and the price point is pretty good, but it just hasn’t wowed me. Would I repurchase it? Probably not. At least not straight away. I think I’d prefer to look at other products before I came back around to this one. I just think that for something designed to go on eyes and face, my eyes shouldn’t experience any discomfort at all.

Are there any makeup removers that you’ve tried and would recommend? Let me know in the comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS