Drop Down Menu

Thursday 12 June 2014

Review: M.A.C. Pro Longwear Foundation (NC15)

This review was originally written in November, when I first purchased the foundation, since then I have found other foundations, but I still agree with my original feelings about it. Enjoy!



Finding a decent foundation that matches my skin tone and lasts on my skin is not an easy task for me. I am very pale, with redness to cover and yellow/neutral based tones.

I had never tried any MAC foundations before trying this, and when I got the sample for this, I also got a sample of their Studio Fix Fluid foundation as well (which I didn’t like).

Right off the bat, I really liked this foundation. It was a good buildable coverage, which was a pretty close match to my skin tone. (It’s only slightly darker)


I have worn it for long periods of time, with the most being probably about fourteen or fifteen hours. I will say that although it definitely withstands the test of longevity, it does tend to wear off my nose fairly quickly, but in defence of the foundation, I get hayfever and it makes my nose itch and run, (gross, I know), which means a lot of the time (especially walking around my flower and bush filled uni), I have to take tissues to my nose throughout the day. The other place I do have to touch up, rather than just blot, is my chin. For some reason foundations just seem to come off my chin so easily, no matter how much I try to avoid touching my face or how longwearing the foundation claims to be.

I really only have two more complaints about this foundation. The first being that if I wear the foundation on a regular basis, the bottle runs out very quickly. The second is that once the foundation does start to show signs of wear, it can go a little bit cakey, especially when my face gets really hot.

Apart from those little criticisms, I really enjoyed this foundation. It’s longwearing, and fairly water and sweat-proof as advertised. It also looks very nice on the skin (until it starts to break down at the end of the day) and it’s a good medium buildable coverage.

I mainly use my Beauty Blender to apply this foundation, but if I am in a hurry I will use my hands. A lot of the time the coverage is so good with this foundation that I only need a bit of under-eye concealer and that’s it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS