Drop Down Menu

Wednesday 18 June 2014

Review: First Impressions - LimeLily Cream Foundation

I went into my new favourite store today, The Make-up Foundation, which is a makeup wholesaler in Tingalpa (Brisbane) to get some new products to try. I had bought the Kuu Konjac Sponge (aka my new love) from there yesterday, which I reviewed last night. Today I bought a few shades of the LimeLily Cream Foundation, and a magnetic palette to keep them in. I also bought another sponge for my dad, who I think will really like it.

LimeLily was created by award winning make-up artist Nicola Richards. She’s won a BAFTA and an Emmy for her work on Jane Eyre, which I think is pretty darn impressive! Nicola is also the owner and founder of The Make-up Foundation. It’s an Australian made professional makeup line designed to be affordable for students, schools and colleges.

I had to fix my makeup before heading to work this afternoon, so I decided to take it all off and try out the cream foundation. I mixed Sunny Beige and Ivory with a little bit of my Trilogy Very Gentle Moisturiser, just to gett a little lighter coverage. My usual foundation at the moment is the NARS Radiant Creamy Compact Foundation (my original first impressions of that coming soon, just have to proof read it), which is quite possibly one of my favourite foundations ever, so I was excited to try another cream foundation.


The LimeLily one definitely feels like a drier consistency, which is not a bad thing, just different. It is very creamy and fairly easy to apply, although I want to try a couple of different ways to see which is better. Today I used my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and blended a little with my damp Beauty Blender on the spots where I’m a little drier. The finish was a natural/dewy one, and I set it with my Elizabeth Arden powder, which is luminous as well.

I applied this at about 3:30pm and as I sit here at 10:00pm the foundation is still going strong. The only wear is on the top of my nose where my glasses sit. It sits really nicely on my skin, but I think because it’s a bit drier than my usual one, it would look even nicer when put on top of my serum and moisturising primer rather than just the primer.

I imagine the foundation would feel slightly heavier on the skin if I hadn’t mixed it with moisturiser, but I really only used a little and it doesn’t feel too much heavier than my NARS, which is good. This is a professional cream foundation, which some can often be thick on the skin, but this isn’t. I don’t really feel it on my skin all that much. Another good point is that I found it very easy to sheer out and then build up only in the spots that needed it. It let me give a much more natural look.

This foundation is great, and I really look forward to using it in some of my upcoming tutorials, which will hopefully start next week when I finally finish my wretched uni exams.

after applying the foundation and the rest of my makeup
If you’re looking for a great, affordable professional foundation look no further. LimeLily also have liquid foundations with the same colour range as the cream. As they are professional products, they are easy to mix, which allows you to get the perfect colour match. They can also be mixed with the liquids to create different consistencies, which is cool, as well as being able to mix with moisturiser as I did.

I’m so impressed with The Make-up Foundation as a store. Nicola was super helpful and answered all of my annoying questions with a smile. I definitely recommend checking out her store’s website for the next time you need to add to your kit, or just want to try some awesome products!

Check out the websites here:

http://www.limelilycosmetics.com.au/


On the rest of my face:
Australis Primer
Australis Lip & Cheek Combo in Flamingo Skies
Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Skin Smoothing Loose Powder
TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer
M.A.C. Studio Fix Powder (as a base on my eyes)
Chi Chi Nudes Palette - matte light brown shade (in crease)
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Rendezvous
Nyx Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS