Drop Down Menu

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Review: First Impressions - Kuu Konjac Sponge (Sensitive Skin)


This is just a quick one. I bought this Kuu Konjac Sponge from a makeup store today. I’ve heard a lot about these Konjac sponges. They’re all natural cleansing sponges that can be used with or without cleanser. The little blurb from Kuu reads:

“Konjac is a traditional Japanese jelly-like health food made from a type of potato called “Konnyaku potato” and calcium hydroxide or oxide calcium… In Japan the Konjac (Konnyaku) sponge has been used for its medicinal properties for over 1500 years. For over a century the Japanese have been using the Konjac vegetable as a beauty treatment for their delicate skin.”

The sponge I bought is for dry and/or sensitive skin and it has natural French red clay in it. It only costs $8.95 (AUD) and I was definitely pleasantly surprised by it. The sponge is really soft. I could only feel the slightest bit of exfoliation on my skin as I was using it. I used it with my Clinique Extra Mild Facial Soap, and for once I only had to use a teeny tiny amount when usually I need two full pumps of it.


I used makeup remover before I cleansed and what I love about this sponge is that it got rid of all of the makeup that the remover missed. Usually with this Clinique cleanser I need the toner to get off the excess, because the cleanser just can’t do the job. I used the toner after cleansing just to see what is missed, and I have to say, the makeup pad I used was pretty much clean. I’ve only used it this one time, but I’m really happy with it already. It’s so soft and it didn’t aggravate my redness, and my skin didn’t get that tight ‘squeaky clean’ feeling. I know a lot of people like that, but I can’t stand it. I like my skin feeling soft and smooth. I definitely recommend these sponges, there are different sponges to match all skin types. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS