Drop Down Menu

Saturday 14 June 2014

Review: M.A.C. Pro Longwear Concealer (NW15)

I was debating which review to add next, and decided to stick with the M.A.C. theme, so here’s the review I wrote about their Pro Longwear Concealer.

I loved this concealer right after the first application. It’s so smooth and it blends so beautifully over or under any foundation I’ve tried it with. I use it mainly for under the eyes and a tiny bit of pre-highlighting, and I love that my very fair skin finally has a concealer light enough to perform these tasks. The only other concealer I’ve loved as much as this one was an Essence one that I believe was discontinued, as I can’t find it anywhere in Australia. Of course the Essence was quite a bit cheaper (I think about $3 compared to M.A.C.’s $32) which made it may absolute favourite, but Pro Longwear is just as good so I can handle the higher price tag. Plus, a little goes a very, very long way with this stuff!


My one gripe with this concealer is its packaging. Although I appreciate the concept of the tiny pump bottle, it doesn’t dispense the right amount. One pump is usually enough to cover both under eyes and a bit of pre-highlighting… twice. If the pump dispensed about half of what it does now it would be awesome, because trying get just half a pump is damn near impossible. I don’t know about you, but I’m clumsy as hell when makeup things are as fiddly as this, and I usually end up getting it everywhere.

This one gripe aside (please fix it M.A.C.!), I highly recommend this concealer. It’s smooth, creamy and I don’t have problems with creasing (this is with setting with a powder, which I always do, because it’s hot in Australia, even in winter at the moment). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS