Drop Down Menu

Thursday 23 April 2015

Review: Essence XXXL Lipgloss

I’ve been getting back onto the lipgloss bandwagon lately and I’m all for finding great drugstore lip products. I don’t own or buy a lot of high-end lip products because I would rather spend that money on my base products. I love the drugstore lip products and most of the ones I’ve tried as just as good, if not better than high-end stuff. Essence is a fantastic low-cost brand that I have loved for ages. I have nearly all the lip pencils from them and I think they are some of the best lip pencils I’ve ever owned, so when I decided to try out a couple of lipglosses I went straight for the Essence stand in Priceline.

I picked up two of the XXXL Shine lipgloss in the shades Cute Pink and Pure Chic. They were super inexpensive and seemed like a decent quality in the store. They are quite thick, but not in a bad way. They spread easily enough across the lips and I think the thick consistency helps you to not use as much product. The Cute Pink one is not my favourite. It’s quite glittery and unfortunately the glitter feels chunky on the lips. In the bottle/tube thingy it is shiny, but doesn’t seem chunky, but as soon as you press your lips together you can feel the glitter coating your lips. The Pure Chic one is far better. It’s a clear gloss with not glitter in it at all. It sits nicely over lipsticks and I’ve even just worn it over a tinted balm and it just made my lips look healthy and pouty.

The wand applicators on these glosses are really cool. They’re the flat ones that are flexible at the top so it curves over your lips nicely.

Overall these are worth the $4 or whatever they cost. I don’t like the glittery one, but I would absolutely pick up the other ones without the glitter. They’re smooth and last well enough as far as glosses go. For such a low price, who cares, as long as they look nice! I’m so glad I added these to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS