Drop Down Menu

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Review: Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara


I was excited to get this from my sister. She got it in a big Elizabeth Arden makeup gift set and never used it. It’s the Ceramide Lash Extending Treatment Mascara and it’s the first high-end mascara I have ever tried. Usually I stick to Maybelline. My favourite mascara of all time (so far) is the Maybelline Mega Plush Waterproof stuff. This stuff however does come pretty close.

First of all let’s talk about the packaging. It’s so sleek with its sort-of-matte/sort-of-shiny gold exterior. It’s quite thin and I like that it’s not oddly shaped. It’s just a regular old cylinder which makes it great for travel.

Now the formula. Yep, this review is going to be pretty short! It’s a great balance between being a wet and dry formula. It applies and builds nicely and doesn’t go clumpy on my lashes. I generally use mascara just to add the black colouring back after they get coated with powders and whatnot. I’m lucky have quite naturally voluminous long lashes and I mostly just like to deepen the colour of my lashes rather than add any length or volume. The wand seems to be the fibre-bristled type and is a nice density. I hate the wands that are large and in charge because I’m very clumsy with mascara and without fail always poke myself in the eye with the big wands. I haven’t done that yet with this wand, which is awesome. It’s always a good day when you don’t almost blind yourself with your mascara wand!

It long-lasting on my lashes too, but it also doesn’t fight me when I go to take it off at the end of the day. I’ve had it for a little while now and it hasn’t shown any signs of running out, drying out or generally changing in consistency at all yet, which I love. I hate when mascaras dry out quickly and you have to constantly replace them. I think it would be especially crap when they’re high-end products because no one wants to be always forking out $30-50 for new ones. I just looked this one up on Myer’s website and its $47! That’s expensive! Now I know the price I’m thinking I might tell you that you should only cough up that money if you really want to! It’s a great product, don’t get me wrong, but the drugstore brands make mascaras that are of equal quality, so maybe try them first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS