Drop Down Menu

Tuesday 3 February 2015

Review: NYX Love in Paris Palette (Madeleines and Macaroons)

Today’s review is of a little NYX palette I bought just before Christmas. I got this because I wanted something compact to take on my holiday so I only needed it and my UD Naked Basics palette.

THE GOOD:

The colours in this a really pretty and there’s a good selection, despite it only being a little ‘neutral’ type palette. I like that the packaging is sleek and compact. It makes it so easy for travel. It was also really inexpensive, just like pretty much all of NYX’s products.

THE BAD:

Yep, that was it for the good stuff. I cannot tell you how disappointed I was with this palette. Apart from maybe one or two shades, there is absolutely no decent colour payoff to the shades. It’s pathetic really. You can tell from the swatch photo below that the colours are weak. The worst part is that these swatches were done after I practically created a dent trying to get some sort of colour payoff for the photo. I’m just at a loss for words to describe how much I dislike this palette. I’m so glad it was only about $15 because I would have been really mad if I’d paid a lot for crap quality like this.


THE OVERALL:

This palette sucks. It just sucks so bad. I don’t know if I got a dud or if they’re all like this, and I have no intention of finding out. I don’t think I will ever buy NYX eyeshadow again. Just a big ol’ disappointment for me this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS