Drop Down Menu

Saturday 7 February 2015

First Impressions: Eve Lom Radiance Perfected Tinited Moisturiser (Alabaster)

Okay, so this was supposed to go up yesterday but I was really lazy yesterday, like taking-a-nap-lazy so I pretty much did nothing. Anyway, the review I'm bringing you today was drafted yesterday, so it's still a 'First Impressions', you guys are just getting it a day late. 

Like the Ellis Faas foundation, this is a super expensive product ($96) and I was comparing it to one of my HG foundations, NARS Sheer Glow (in Siberia).

11:00 AM:

Unlike the Ellis Faas stuff, I decided to leave the sponge for the day (mostly because walking all the way into the bathroom to wash it. Gross, I know) and use my Models Prefer flat top buffing brush. Mistake. It did not apply nicely with the buffing brush at all. In all the time I've had that brush I've never had a foundation not apply nicely with it. I know the NARS one does. I ended up trudging into the bathroom to wash my RT sponge so I could try to blend out the mess I created. 

I'm not a fan of foundations that aren't versatile enough to be applied by different methods. Sometimes my sponge is dirty and I don't want to walk the 12 feet to my bathroom an wash it. Sometimes I just want to use a brush. Sometimes that brush is really dense, sometimes it's my soft and fluffy. 

So basically it took me twice as long to apply it as it should have because it really didn't like my brush. Not happy so far. 

The finish once it was blended out was okay. I liked it a little better than the Ellis Faas, but it still wasn't great. I will say that the coverage is great considering it's a tinted moisturiser. 

4:00 PM:

Most of it had completely faded off by about an hour ago and now it's really patchy. Honestly there's really not a lot else to say about it. By this time laziness had well and truly set in, so unfortunately I forgot about taking a 'update' photo. Sorry!

OVERALL:

Another miss for me. Something else I noticed about this stuff is the smell. It's not awful, but I didn't enjoy it and I could still smell it, even when most of it had worn off. I know it's a tinted moisturiser, so I have no problem with the fact that it was mostly gone by 4:00, but I do wonder how they can justify $96 for this stuff. Yes, it had good coverage, but so does Sheer Glow. Also I get a better finish when I mix Sheer Glow with my Aveeno moisturiser than this stuff gave me. I was not at all impressed at the fact that it took a wet sponge to blend it out after applying it with a brush. I'm definitely grateful to the girl in Mecca who helped me out and gave me both samples to try, but I think I'm definitely going to just pick up another bottle of the Sheer Glow. It's cheaper, more versatile and most importantly, it's better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS