Drop Down Menu

Monday 6 July 2015

Review: UD Ultra Nourishing Lip Gloss - Walk of Shame

I have bought a few Urban Decay products recently and this gloss was the first (not including the Naked Basics, which I purchased last year). It was $30 from Mecca Maxima and I picked it up on UD’s opening day at my local store. I gave a few thoughts on it in the feature I did a couple of weeks ago on the opening day, but I thought I’d jump on here and give it a proper review. I’m also planning a new series of posts with a one-brand focus and one of those brands will be UD so stay tuned for that too!

This is by far the most I have ever spent on a lipgloss. Usually I stick to the drugstore brands, but it was UD’s opening day and I couldn’t help myself. It called to me. I have the shade Walk of Shame and it’s just a nice nude pink. It does have a little shine to it, but the shimmer is so fine you can barely notice it, which I like. I can’t stand when glittery glosses are all chunky and you just feel like you coated your lips in shimmer. The packaging is sleek with its shiny gold exterior and peek of the shade at the bottom. I love how the ‘Naked’ part is actually cut out of the gold part too. It just looks so cool and luxurious.

I cannot tell a lie. This stuff stinks to high heaven. It smells more strongly of paint than the foundation does. When I swatched this next to the foundation I just thought it was the Naked Skin making my hand smell. I get the gloss home and realise that it’s the culprit, not the foundation. The foundation actually becomes fairly odourless once it sets. With the gloss though it really wouldn’t have hurt UD to just pop a hint of vanilla or something in the formula to make it smell yummy. Pretty much every other gloss I’ve ever owned has smelled yummy, I thought I could expect that from UD too!
 
Despite the terrible stench it’s actually a fantastic gloss. It’s long-lasting, moisturising and simply beautiful on the lips. It works alone, on top of lipstick or even just on top of tint or lip pencil. Walk of Shame is a classy shade, in spite of the name, and it was the best shade to try as my first gloss from them.



The question then becomes will it be the last. Quite possibly. Although it’s gorgeous on the lips, part of me can’t get past the smell. It stinks so badly and I just truly believe that glosses should smell good enough to eat. You are putting them on your lips after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS